17 Feb 2014
Edinburgh Chamber Celebrates Business Excellence at Awards Dinner
We were delighted to attend this year’s awards ceremony hosted by the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce. The event was hosted at the Sheraton Hotel with two important guest speakers. Dr. Jamie Coleman, managing director of technology incubator Tech Cube and founder of the infamous Turing Festival – Ediburgh’s international technology festival, shared with us his insights on how technology is shaping our lives and the way we conduct business. Fraser Doherty of SuperJam, told us the inspirational story of how he started his business at the tender age of 14 and worked to build one of the most iconic Scottish brands in recent history. Following on from the guest speakers, the awards were presented.
- Business mobile solution company, 4G Scotland was named Best Performing Business (1-10)
- Independent Financial advisors, Mearns and Company was named Best Performing Business (11-50)
- Rabbie’s Small Group Tours was named Best Performing Business (51+)
- Lothian Buses secured the Sustainable Development Award
- Sigma Seven, which specialises in the use of mobile technology to get the most from organisations data, maps and enterprise systems, was recognised in the International Trade category
- Scottish Media Academy won the Innovation in Business Award
- Edinburgh International Film Festival secured the Creative Marketing Award
- Rebecca Mackenzie Smith from HeeHaw Marketing was named Young Business Person of the Year
- Janice Dickson, managing director of Ian Dickson Travel Services was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement Award
David Birrell, Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce Chief Executive said: “We were extremely impressed by the calibre of entries. There was more competition than ever before. The winners truly shone as fantastic businesses doing great things. They are all businesses of real value, contributing to employment and the economic prosperity of the capital city and Scotland as a whole.”
The 4G Scotland team would like to thank Alex McLeod, David Birrell, Liz McAreavey for hosting the awards and the Events Team, especially Sian Downes for organising the event.